CEV G Suite Implementation
Implementing the CEV G Suite for Education instance in your school
There are currently 86 schools that have now joined the Catholic Education Victoria (CEV) G Suite for Education instance.
Benefits to your school joining the CEV G Suite for Education instance
The benefits for schools include:
- service desk support for ICON eLearn and G Suite
- free access to Hapara, a third party application offering online management of student learning
- support for future upgrades – all releases and changes to the G Suite for Education instance are tested, released and communicated in a controlled state. The service desk will provide schools with access or configuration advice for the Google services and Chrome devices
- multiple school domains – teachers and users can belong to multiple schools in the CEV instance with emails coming into a single mailbox
- one identity for students – each user has one profile which they keep even if they change schools within the CEV G Suite for Education instance
- professional learning opportunities with interactive online courses designed to help teachers and staff improve their knowledge of the G Suite for Education tools.
The benefits for schools will be fully realised when the school rolls over to ICON. The main benefit will be the automatic synchronisation of data across the ICON and G Suite for Education applications. This means schools will have up to date Google groups with information for users that is relevant to their role and context.
You can download the ICON eLearn – G Suite for Education fact sheet for more information about the CEV instance, FAQs and key links.
Expressions of interest
Schools that are interested in finding out more about the CEV G Suite instance are invited to submit an Expression of Interest form.