Hapara for G Suite
Hapara: making learning visible
Hapara is a third party application offering online management of student learning and is available for schools using the G Suite for Education applications. Your school can access Hapara for free when your school has joined the Catholic Education Victoria (CEV) G Suite for Education instance.
You can download the ICON eLearn – Hapara for G Suite fact sheet for more information about the CEV instance, FAQs and key links.
The Hapara suite comes with three products to help manage student learning:
With the dashboard you can:
- view a quick summary of learner progress across G Suite for Education, Blogs, Sites and Gmail organised by classes and subjects
- organise learners into groups and provide individual feedback and support to improve their skills and command of topics
- share documents, assignments and resources quickly with individual learners, groups and the whole class.
With Highlights you can:
- view student documents and browsing activities so you can confidently keep them on task
- remotely open and close tabs and lock screens for a period of time to focus students’ browsing activity when required
- engage students in conversations about their learning and online behavior by direct messaging for personalised and private feedback.
This allows you to:
- modify the work of learners at the individual or group level within the same learning unit
- streamline the organisational work of teaching and learning by keeping everything in one place
- give learners an easy, intuitive interface to manage their assignments, customise their submissions and participate in work space learning and teaching.
A member of the service desk will be in contact with your school’s nominated IT contact to start the Hapara implementation procedure for your school.
When your school has made the decision to use Hapara, your school will need to manage the Hapara platform, communicate about it with stakeholders and address school privacy concerns.
These resources are available to help your school with privacy compliance:
Schools will need to ensure that their standard collection notice, job applicant collection notice and acceptable use policies are updated to comply with privacy laws.
The Hapara blog is a great way to see what other schools are doing with the Hapara products in the classroom setting. You can also subscribe to the Hapara newsletter.
If you have any questions about Hapara you can email Richard Callanan on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9267 0228.